Monday, July 1, 2013

A piece of good news...

Well last night just as I finished talking to Cami, after an hour and a half on hold with American Airlines, I finally got through to a girl named Lisa. It was the first time I got through to someone who I felt was going to really try to help me out, she had that kind of voice of someone who cares. After a long chat and many phone calls to Miami and New Orleans on her behalf, she finally told me she had found my bag. It was in the hand of someone in New Orleans who was just about to send it to a hotel, and if that had of happened it would have been stuck in New Orleans and out of the hands of the airline. So Lisa got it redirected BACK to Miami as American Airlines do not have direct flights from N.O to Memphis. So hopefully the bag will be arriving in Memphis from Miami today at midday. Myself and Murph will be waiting anxiously.

As I mentioned above I will be heading to the airport with a friend to pick up the bag. I honestly would have gone crazy without the good people around me. From the beginning of my arrival in the states I have been surrounded and supported by amazing people. Matt and Batina drove all the way from St Louis to come and see me and take me back to Memphis. It was really a pleasure to see them and spend just a few days with them. Now in the house with Joshy, Murph and Cameron. These guys are three of the most relaxed, good people I have come across on the entire trek. They have kept me from becoming frustrated and helped me out more than they know.

So myself and Murph are about to grab some breakfast, then we will head over to the airport to (hopefully) grab the bag and then we will start making our way down to Tunica, to the place where I left the trek to go back to my wife in Colombia. It will be a funny feeling to start heading down the river again, it had not really hit me that I will be on my own walking by a river again for almost a month and a half. NOw I am starting to get that nervous but really excited feeling in the bottom of my guts. I really love this moment of being alone with my thoughts, with God and with the only important things in my days being where will I eat, drink, sleep and where I need to walk to. It is a real blessing to be away from the distractions the world provides relentlessly.

I am a happy man, lets hope and pray that this continues with the arrival of my bag - which is my life for the next month and a half...

No comments:

Post a Comment