Monday, July 1, 2013

Back into it...

Honestly, could not have asked for a better day. After a good lunch with Murph, we headed off to the airport to see if the bag had arrived on the flight as promised, and wouldn't ya know it, as soon as I got to the bag area, the first bag that came out of the little flaps was which one... you got it, my missing bag! You better believe I was a happy man. I ran at it as fast as I could like I had found my long, lost lover and gave it a big bear hug and promised him I wouldn't lose him again. After the emotional reunion,  we were off to Tunica.

Murph dropped me off at the Museum at around 2:30pm. We said our goodbyes, and I said my thanks, and I was finally on my two feet again and heading south with my home on my back. I had about 7kms to pass until I was going to reach the town of Tunica. After a couple of quick showers had come through and got me a little wet, I arrived to the Tunica Press and went and said gday to Brooke. It was nice to see her again, she is a lovely lady. Seeing as though I still had around about 4 more hours of light I decided to push on southbound and Brooke kindly offered to come down and find me and bring me back to the house for the night. I made it another 20kms down the river before Dick and Brooke finally found me and picked me up. So after covering 27kms on the first day we went out to grab some food and catch up. It has been a good day. I am now in bed and honestly quite ready to turn this computer off and get some sleep. It has been a hectic start to the trek but honestly I can not complain. I could go on a bit more about today as the walk was really quite nice and I also was attacked by two old dogs amongst other tories but I am really too tired to get into it, I promise I will get into more detail next entry.

The friends I have here have gone above and beyond to help me out and it has been nice to be able to spend some time with them, but for now I am getting into bed so I can rest up for the big day tomorrow. I am around 45 kms from the next big town of Clarksville. I would like to get there tomorrow but it is a long way. We will see... for now, goodnight....

No comments:

Post a Comment