Saturday, June 29, 2013

Arrived, but not without its complications...

Yes I have arrived, but not without its hassles. Let me go back to this morning and walk ya through it. Firstly I woke up with a good dose of the flu, a headache, runny blocked nose and sore throat. The I get to the bathroom and realised that because of my flu, my sinuses have flared up and I had a swollen right eye that made me look worse than normal. So we (that being Cami, her parents and myself) arrived all good and well to the airport in Bogota, said our farewells and despite of my flu I headed off with the enthusiasm I remember from the first time I headed off to begin the trek. Arriving a little late to Miami due to lots of traffic on the runway I hit the pavement running to get to my next flight. I got my bag and checked it through to New Orleans and arrived to my gate with 5 mins to spare. Arriving in New Orleans I was greeted by my old mate Matt Johnson and his lovely wife Batina. It was great to see them after all this time, was really good. We headed over to pick up my bag and after about 10 mins of waiting, laughing and catching up, we both realized that my bag had not come out. We focused our attention on the arriving luggage and after another 15 mins realized that there were no more bags at all coming out... my bag had not arrived, and to this minute, still has not arrived! We needed to wait another hour to speak to the head of the department who told us that hopefully, my bag will be here at 11pm tonight. So we are now waiting anxiously at the hotel for news of the missing bag, and considering that in my bag I have my life for the next one and a half months and that it is very important that we head off north tomorrow morning, I must say, I am little nervous about the safe arrival of it.

Well I am off to bed now. Hopefully I will get the call we are waiting for in the next hour or two so I can at least have a wash and brush my teeth. I will keep you guys in the loop...

No comments:

Post a Comment