Monday, June 24, 2013

5 days and counting...

Time has flown really when I look back at when I booked my flights back to the States to finish the last part of my trek. It seems like I only did it yesterday. But I have to tell you, I am really keen and looking forward to getting back and getting into it. This time is definitely going to be a different experience altogether. I will be walking through the deep south. I will be walking in the middle of summer. I only have 5 weeks to cover the 1000km or so that I have left. It is going to be more of a race against time and a battle against the harsh elements of the brutal summer of the south this time around. A different experience that's for sure, maybe one that will be more difficult too, but one I eagerly await.

Life has been so busy back here in Bogota that honestly I have had no time to really train. I have managed to get in 3 walks in the last two weeks, and they were only 16kms each. Considering I will need to on average cover 30 to 40 kms each day, it has not been the best preparation. But I will get a few more walks in this week and I am sure God will do the rest!

So I arrive on Saturday morning to Miami. From there I need to take another flight to N.O where good old Matt the legend will be there with his lovely wife Bat (Batina) to pick me up. We will grab some dinner and catch up and then head off  north the next morning towards Tunica, my final point from the last part of the trek. It is going to be great to see them again!

Well it looks as though everything is ready except for a few final touches back here and then getting all my gear together and packing the backpack. All the gear from the last stint is still in really good condition which is a big help.

A big thanks to my sponsors again for being so patient with the time it has taken me to get back onto the river again, you guys have been a great support, thanks.

Looking forward to seeing that river again....

No comments:

Post a Comment