Saturday, October 1, 2011

Wildlife...

Found a good camp site last night and set up just outside of a town called Cass Lake which is the begining of an Indian recreation reserve. I will be walking through this for around three days until i hit the town of Grand Rapids. This has been my first checkpoint of the trip and will be nice to get to.

This morning was a great start to the day. I was up at 6 am and had just got all my gear together and was enjoying my cheese sangas and and bottled water for breaky when something caught my eye to the left of my tent. I turned to see a huge coyote (they are bloody big in real life) running 5 meters from me. beautiful animal. After heading off I was followed for a few hundred meters by two of the biggest eagles I have ever seen, their wing span would have been two meters across, awesome creatures.

I am now in Cass Lake and about to kick on. With two days worth of food in sandwiches, soup and fruit, the day is looking good, cold but with no clouds and the sun shining. lets hope it stays that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment