Friday, September 30, 2011

Peppy La Pew Attacks...

Waking up today it looked as though God had answered my prayers and given me the beautiful day I had asked for. There was not a cloud in the sky and not a hint of wind. It appeared a great day for walking. I headed off around 7:30am and made some good ground by 10am. Around this time I noticed some type of animal lying up ahead on the track i was following. As I got closer I noticed it was black and white and the size of a large cat, it was a skunk. The poor little guy had been hit by a passing car or was obviously really crook as he was not moving away in a hurry. I got a little closer (5 meters or so) to see how he was. This stirred him into noticing me. 10 seconds after this moment the smell hit me. He was obviously to sick or injured to spray me but he was not too sick to let off his perfume! It was bad. Think of your worst memory of a bad smell and times it by 10. This was enough for me to shuffle off as fast as I could with my 25kg pack weighing down my getaway. I hope the little fella comes good anyway...

At the moment I am sitting in a garage at a mechanics using his wi fi internet. Internet has been tough to come across up here in the North as the towns are few and far between each other, and when I do arrive in one finally, they usually consist of a pub and.. that's it! Hopefully I will be reaching Grand Rapids in around 3 to 4 days. here I can hopefully have a bath, wash some clothes and sleep in a bed and hopefully talk to my family and fiance. Will wait and see where the next few days take me.

P.s Saw 5 or 6 deer today, gotta love bambi...

No comments:

Post a Comment