Thursday, October 20, 2011

Migrane

I fell asleep last night feeling a little off. I put it down to another long day and hoped to wake up the following morning refreshed and ready to go. Unfortunately this was not to be the case. I woke up around 6am when it is still dark with a throbbing head and my guts doing somersaults. I stayed in my sleeping bag as long as I could as the weather now is below 0c in the mornings, until finally I could stay there no longer. I crawled from my tent to let go with an almighty spew, five of them to be honest. After cleaning myself up I crawled back to the warmth of my sleeping bag only for a bad migrane to settle.

I left camp a few hours later with less than no energy and a head that felt like it had been kicked around like a football. I was lucky enough only to be 5 kms out of the next town, but let me tell ya, it was a ong 5 kms. I arrived at the local motel and the staff were good enough to get a room ready for me at 10am as sleep is the only real thing that can help me with migranes. After 4 hours of solid sleep, a bottle of gatorade, a couple of sandwiches and a bannana I am starting to feel a little better. Hopefully tomorow morning I will be right to go again.

I have no idea why a migrane came on like that but if anyone has any ideas on how to prevent them, I would love to hear about it, today was not a fun day, would like to try and keep those types of days to a minimum...

No comments:

Post a Comment