Friday, October 21, 2011

Back and Going Strong

Well after a little hiccup I am back on the road and feeling a million bucks. I am putting the migrane down to (in my strong history in medicine) too much work too soon and a few days of not eating enough, but I definetly made up for that. Sleeping for almost the entire day and night only waking to eat and take a shower, and when I say "eat" I mean it. After I have a migrane I usually get a huge appetite, and yesterday was no different. I knocked off a sandwich, a bbq rib roll, a bannana, 2 packets of chips, 5 doghnuts, 6 oreo cookies, an apple, 2 litres of gatorade, a litre of water and two coffees and that was just for dinner... the body must of needed it!
But as I said, this morning I was a new man. I felt a surge of energy and excitement as I began the day walking, it felt like my first day again. The weather helped the attitude also as the sun was shining and the clouds were few, it was a great day to get back into it! I only walked around 26 kms today as I did not want to over do it again. I am now in a little pub by the name of the River Road in a tiny town called Richmond which is roughly 25kms out of La Crosse. La Crosse is the first town I will come across when I enter the state of Wisconsin. The owner of the River Road pub, Tim, was kind enough to let me put up my tent next to the pub. I have now met some of the locals and just finished a small pizza. We have started a fire outside just next to my tent so I will be off to warm the hands up for a bit and then try and get another good nights sleep for the day tomorrow.

I am looking forward to crossing the border tomorrow into Wisconsin, however I know I have only been in Minnesota for three weeks, but a part of me will miss it, I have met great people and already secured some really great memories here. So thank you to the people of Minnesota, you have surrounded the begining of this trek with kindness and promised great memories I will have forever. Let us hope the good times keep on rolling...

1 comment:

  1. Sad to hear you'll be leaving Minnesota, but onto another great state! Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete