Saturday, July 27, 2013

All coming to an end...

Well I have finally reached New Orleans, I haven't quite reached Jackson Square yet, but I can now happily say "the worst of it all is behind me."

The last few days have been steady going, covering only around 15kms each day. The weather has been really hot and humid, making sleeping conditions pretty uncomfortable and sticky but at the moment I am in a bed and breakfast about 5 or so kms from the French Quarter, so after a shower and a bite to eat, I am feeling clean and happy again. Cami is flying in from Minneapolis tonight, it has been a month since we have seen each other and I cant wait to see her. The saying "time makes the heart grow fonder" has a good amount of truth to it, I can testify to this. Tomorrow we will walk into the French Quarter together to Jackson Square, this arrival will bring with it the common phrase - "mission complete."

I tell you at the moment, to be finally in the city of New Orleans, with the end point just around the corner, it is a very warm, content feeling I have in my belly. I am sure tomorrow will bring more emotions and feelings,  I look forward to them and will share them with you tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment