Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cami...

I will be heading off tomorrow after arriving here in Memphis yesterday. I am in good spirits at the moment as originally I had thought I would be lucky to get as far as Memphis in the first three months of the trek. I have another 4 or 5 days of walking before I need to start hitch hiking to New Orleans which should get me to the town of Clarksdale, another 100kms or so south of Memphis. With my visa allowing me only 3 months in the USA, I have to leave the country which will allow me to go back to Colombia to spend Christmas with Cami and her family which to say will be a happy time, is a massive understatement if I have ever said one! I will have to return in 2012 to finish the last 500kms or so of the trek.

Speaking of Cami...what a absolute blessing she is to me. I have not written a lot about how hard this has been for both of us to be apart like this, but I tell you the truth, it has been dificult to say the least. When I thought of this idea originally, it was obviously Cami I ran it past first. Initially she thought it to be a little crazy, the whole idea of walking across a country and us being apart for so long, and this I totally understand and I am sure most people would be in agreement here with her. But being the amazing and supportive person that she is, and after discussing it for a day or so, she was 100% behind me. Not only that, the help and ideas she put into this, without it all, I would not have been able to get as far as I have and to have raised as much money as we have for Ahmsa. For all of that I thank you so much Cami.

Emotionally she has been a strength for me. As hard as it has been for her also, when ever I was tired, had had enough, was sore, cold or just simply buggered, she always knew what to say and how to say it to pick me up and give me some strength for the day.

There are many things I could write about how this trek has given me a lot of precious time for reflection on just how important Cami is to me and my life, but those words are not for you nosy buggers, they are reserved just for her and I look forward to sharing them with her in less than 2 weeks time...

Cami, en serio muchas gracias por todo que haz hecho en esta tiempo para nosotros, eres increible y la mejor para mi... Te amo.

No comments:

Post a Comment