Thursday, November 24, 2011

My First Day Off...

Today is Thanksgiving which is a pretty big deal over here. Matt and his family have been kind enough to invite me to spend it at their home with them. Seeing as I might only get one chance to spend Thanksgiving in the states, and of course, them being a great bunch of people who I really like, I greatfully accecpted.
 Since I met Matt life has been easier to say the least. From the begining when he was kind enough to help me out with another tent. I did not expect any more after that at all. He was thinking otherwise, every day for the last 4 days, Matt has dropped me off at my last point in the walk at arround 6am, and then come back to find me in the afternoon after he has worked all day to take me back to his house so I have a hot shower, a roof over my head and a hot meal. What a guy hey, a legend in my books!

The past two days have been good ones where I covered around 36kms and yesterday around 43kms. I made it as far as a little town by the name of Fruitland, which is 15kms from the next bigger town of Cape Girardeau.

It looks as thought the rain and bad weather has passed me which is a releif. I am sure I will cop another set of clouds at some stage (I dont think they will be as big and nasty as the last few which were basically thunderstorms for three days) but for the next few days it looks as though I will have some good walking days but I am happy to say, Not Today; today I am going to sit down with a bunch of people I have come to be very fond of and eat as much good food as possible while laughing and sharing stories of good times, then we will watch the football and fall asleep in the lounge room because we have eaten too much - how good of a day off is that after walking around 1500kms, I gotta say I could not have planned it any better...

2 comments:

  1. Hi. It has been fun to catch up on your blogs. The best to you on your adventures in the Lord. It was a pleasure to meet you at Freedom Christian Church awhile back. We are cheering you on, think about you, continue to lift you up in prayer, and thank God for His will being done in you, thru you, and around you. Hold Him and His promises close to you no matter what. Blessings. Sherri and Norman, and all at Freedom Christian Church

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were so blessed to have you at our home!! We were so happy that you have gotten to do so many different things in a short amount of time!! And that you enjoyed them as well. It was very fun sitting at the table and sharing stories of our different worlds hahaha!!! It was very lovely to have you here with us!!

    ReplyDelete