Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Night In a Church...

As I mentioned in my last blog I ended up making that break for it. The rains were still there, but only lightly, so all was ok. After thanking the guys at the Garage, I said goodbye and good luck and was on my way. I was 2kms down the road and I could have kicked myself right up the bum. I realized I had left my shorts in their office as I had put them there to dry. I was about to throw a tantram and chuck my stuff on the ground but somehow I broke out in a grin and laughed instead, Lets be honest, it could have been worst, I might have left my sleeping bag there and walked 10 kms hey... With that I hid my bag under some bushes, turned around and made the small trek back. The guys were waiting for me to return, and after a few jokes about it all I was on my way south again, this time with my shorts and a can of coke and a chocolate bar the guys had given me from the garage, thanks fellas, good bit of energy to pick me up after my clever deeds.

Heading south I felt good after 3 hours of rest. I walked solid for another 3 hours before it started darkening. I was hoping to walk another half an hour or so and find a camp site. As I was wandering along I noticed a big yellow sign saying Christian Fellowship. I thought to myself "wouldn't it be a coinsedence if there was a service tonight", and as I got closer I was to read that yes, there was one in an hour. I had not been to church in a while so I thought I would pop in and check it out. I noticed a lady in the window and gave her a wave, she came out rather wearily and we got chattin. I asked her if I could camp around the back and she offered me the church as a room for the night, great I thought, a roof over the head and no need to get the tent out. Little did I know there was to be much more than that.

Ana, who was the lady I met, was to shout me Mexican for dinner and when I was to see inside the church, it was like a big house, it was awesome. And I was able to sleep on one of the big comfy couches inside. Soon after the people from the church began to arrive and after hearing what I was up to, they all wanted to help. As the service finished the people brought out cookies, juice, soups, bottled water and some blankets for the night to make my stay a little more comfortable. They were a great bunch of people.

At the moment I am sitting back on my bed (couch) and soaking up the warmth of the insides of the church and waiting for Ana to arrive as she has promised me breakfast also, life is good I tell ya. God is continually putting good people in front of me, always through my life but especially now when I need them most!

I am hoping to make good ground today if the weather permits. They say maybe a few light showers which should not hinder my path too much let us hope. I should also come across the MR again at some stage.

Now I am off to have a wash and get the gear ready for the day, and of course, see what Ana brings for breakfast. I put some more photos onto the blog last night that might be worth having a look at... cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment