Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It Had to Come

The rains have hit and hit hard they have. After only about 5kms this morning I noticed some big, black clouds rolling in from the south, they looked pretty full of rain and when they eventually were over the top of me I found out how full they were. Luckily for me I had not completly left the outskirts of the town Elk River and was able to run to cover at an old recylcling yard. Here I met the owner Brett who was a good fella, inviting me to stay in the shed with them until the rains passed. At the moment I am using his computer to write this. After having a look out the window I am happy to say that the worst of the clouds have continued north so I am thinking of chucking on some of the wet weather gear and making a break for it while I can.

Also just a quick one, to tall the people leaving comments on the guestbook and my email, could you please leave an email where I can return the message as I do not have a phone with me for the trip and at times it is hard to find a payphone.

Also to all you people, a big thank you, reading all your messages after long days is a great way to lift the spirit and provide me with the strength to attack the next length of the trek. It really is appreciated to hear your thoughts and well wishes, thank guys........

No comments:

Post a Comment