Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Am I Repeating Myself?

I have now left the comforts of the family of Bryan and Kathy. After a stomach full of bacon, eggs, toast, hashbrowns, coffee and orange juice I have a full tank and am looking forward to hopefully another for a good day.

I will be forced to leave the banks of river for the next few days and will be walking into farming country. It is nice to have the changes of scenery actually. With a forecast of potential snow today in the afternoon it will also be nice to be in farming country as the options of camping spots is a lot better than the river and the bluffs.

I have looked back on a lot of my diary entries and see an obvious pattern. It seems as if I am constantly talking of the good people that have been in my path. I never thought that I would be being taken care of this well by complete strangers. There has been many times when I have not put other stories and emotions into my diary, such as being yelled at and chased off peoples property, attacked and nearly bitten by snakes and dogs, times of lonliness etc etc.. and all of these events that have not made it onto the blog, for the simple reason that the kindness of people on these journeys are the memories and thoughts that remain in the mind and are the moments one wants to share with people, friends and family. Yesterday was the perfect example of this when it was 5pm in the afternoon, and as I wrote earlier, I was cold, alone and looking for a place to spend the night, when all of a sudden Kathy appeared, an hour later I was eating dinner and laughing with her family in the warmth of their house. What a turn around and what a great memory to keep for me! And to Bryan and Kathy, what great kids you have, Anthony and Ren, it was a pleasure meeting you both.

Isnt it funny, just as I was writing this down, a lady from a store I am sitting out the front of, came out to ask what was my story, after explaining this to her she gave me $15 worth of vouchers to use in the town of Praire Du Chien at local restaurants and so forth. Day to day I am blown away...

So if I do sound like a broken record,  let it be... because at times it has been the goodness of people that I love to talk about and has kept me going when the times have gotten tough and I hope and like to think that it will be the same until the end...

Haha, you would not believe it, the boss of the lady from before just came out and handed me another $20 that she insisted I take along with the vouchers, how could I not share these experiences with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment