Friday, October 7, 2011

Larry For President!

Yesterday was a long hard day, but a good one. I covered over 40kms and ended up in the town of Aitkin. At about the 20km mark on the trip I was starting to feel the pinch, when who should show up again, you know it, Larry the Legend. After checking on me to see how I was going and a brief chat about the plans for tomorrow Larry produced the play of the day. Asking if I was hungry (I had just finished my food for the day) he told me he had a sandwich for me. handing me the bag he bid me farewell until tomorrow and took off in his cruiser. I found a little shade to enjoy the sandwich he had left me. When I looked in the bag I found not only a sandwich but a gourmet beef roll, a vanilla coke, a bag of Doritos and four chocolate biscuits - LARRY FOR PRESIDENT I SAY! After smashing down this meal in record time (and probably not the prettiest fashion) I was set with the energy for the next 25kms and made it into Aitkin no worries, another big thanks to you Larry.

After meeting another sherrif  in Aitkin who was happy to take me to the supermarket I found a nice little camping spot in the local fairgrounds. It was a eary sort of place with old stalls creaking in the wind and wild deer jumping past my tent, but it did the job for the night.

Right now I am in the town of Garrison which is the next town south from Aitkin. It is a really pretty little town on a huge lake. I am now typing away in the local bar and chatting away to the two local waitresses who are a couple of good girls who are repeatedly filling my drink up god bless em! I am roughly 5 or 6 days away from  Minneapolis now so am making pretty good time, let us hope this trend continues, but with the likeliness of rain tomorrow keeping the pace is looking doubtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment